Friday, March 10, 2006

A story of two articles

In the space of two minutes I have just read two articles - one is the worst article I have seen for a long time and the other is the best.

The worst one is here. Another poor analyst has taken Yahoo's current PE of 24 at face value! Ha Ha Ha Ha! I am just an amateur buying shares as a hobby but it is just so obvious that a trailing PE that low for Yahoo is not indicative of anything. I am not even sure what caused it - it may have been the sale of their Google shares - but what is important is the earnings estimate for this year and the estimated growth rate, not some random trailing PE. Maybe I should look into moving into financial journalism - obviously you aren't expected to work very hard on your articles!

The best one is here. I have never heard of David Nassar but his advice on how he built up a position in eBay recently is fantastic. For example build your position slowly so that you can take advantage of further weakness. And accepting that you could be wrong and selling at a loss if necessary. Now there is the wisdom of an experienced trader.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home