Thursday, June 30, 2005

Google Gone

On Tuesday I sold my Google shares.

On Monday night I noticed that they had closed above $300. I had been concerned about their valuation for a while and had already decided to lock in the profit if they fell below $270. However selling at $300 gave me a 50% gain in four months. I am quite happy to take that!

If the share price falls below $270 I may buy in again - that would be low enough to mean I can end up with 11 shares rather than 10.

A mistake I am trying to avoid is plunging the money straight back into the market. This is what I normally do and end up not getting a very good entry price in whatever I buy. Instead I am going to wait for an excellent buying opportunity to arise.

So now I am short (positioned so I hope the price goes down rather than actually having borrowed shares and sold them) on Google, the biggest success story this year in my portfolio. Let's hope I know what I'm doing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home