Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Now for the reward

I have spoken before about Genzyme's (GENZ) incredible risk - reward ratio. Well after 10 months in this stock I am finally seeing the reward.

Yesterday GENZ released results of the phase II trial of Campath. Campath is already approved as a cancer drug but GENZ is investigating its efficacy against multiple sclerosis.

The results were highly promising, suggesting that Campath is more effective than Rebif, the current standard MS drug.

The market for MS treatment is about $6 billion and the market liked the news - sending GENZ up over 4% on a day when almost everything fell.

So now I am up 18% on this stock. Woo Hoo! A fantastic performance made all the nicer because GENZ is one of my biggest holdings.

If GENZ hits $80 I will probably sell half my holding to lock in a 20% profit. But this is a stock I could be invested in on some level for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home